Monday, February 05, 2007

20 Weeks to go....

Hey there! Awesome week this past week! I feel as though I have finally turned a corner with my training and am on track to do this!!

My left lower leg and knee are a little sore...so not toooooo much running this last week. Quick recap for you...95 miles biked, 12 miles run and about 8000 yds of swimming... scary to think that I didn't even run or bike the full distance I will race in one day come June...wow.

Great ride on Saturday! I love the Pacific Coast Highway, and this weekend was no exception! The weather was gorgeous (got up to about 68 degrees by the end of the ride), there was a light breeze, and the sky was a beautiful crystal clear blue. A clear example of why I live in California. There is an amazing peace of mind that comes from riding through this area, seeing the mountains and the ocean, feeling alive and healthy, cruising along on my bike. I come back not really knowing what I thought about for 4 hours...guess you could consider it my meditation time!

Time to snap out of it and get back to the grindstone that is build week 2...

Here is the schedule for this week-
Monday-
1:00 Bike-hill repeats (these mad a huge difference last week, so I actually looked forward to them! HUGE deal considering I am not a fan of the hills....)

Tuesday-
Coached Swim
:40 Run (easy)

Wednesday-
:45 Bike Trainer (spin-ups) followed immediately by
:20 Run (10k pace...ie, hard...)

Thursday-
Swim Set TBD
:40 Run-hill repeats

Friday-
REST!!!!

Saturday-
4:00 Bike-going climbing in the canyons!!
:15 Transition run (right of the bike)

Sunday-
:20 Trainer (hard effort)
1:50 Run
Swim Set TBD

There goes the social life!! Ha ha...

See you all next week!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

20 weeks seems so far away...

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home