Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Rest week?


So...this week is a rest week...translated as, "last week may have been a big week, but it's also Thanksgiving, so you can forget about being sedentary!" Rest and test, baby, rest and test. Workouts are a bit lighter following our first big weekend last week (2.5 hour bike, 1:10 minute run and a swim). I have to admit, my legs were kinda tired Monday morning... Anyway...so this week we did a run marker set (40 minutes, so we can compare later on), have a swim marker set on sunday (1k swim), and I am getting my Blood Lactate Test for the bike done on Saturday (very fancy, I know!). The test will tell me (and my coach) where my current fitness level is, what my heart rate zones are, and how and when my body starts producing Lactate which in turn affects muscle productivity, fatigue, etc. It's all actually really cool and quite interesting. You can learn more about it at the following link, http://www.coachgareth.com/Lactate.html
I guess that's all for now...I'll let you all know how the test goes next week!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home