Thursday, November 09, 2006

Week 1

So...we are into week one of training...

The weather here has been ridiculous! 80 degrees, sunny, light breeze....feels like August! Who could ask for more in November!!??

Got back on my bike yesterday, following a 2 week hiatus due to a minor incident...me..my bike...the pavement...I digress. The body is still functioning, though it seemed a little harder than it should have...probably a good thing I have over 7 months to keep at this.

Swims are going pretty well...my coach, Paul, has us doing LOTS of drills... I can already feel the difference! All the bad habits I formed over the summer swimming in the ocean are starting to melt away...thank goodness.

As for the running...my weakest discipline...who knew that keeping your heartrate under 140 beats a minute could be so uncomfortable?! I am getting passed on the run path by walkers and their chihuahua's....ouch! I realize it is a means to an end, working the aerobic capacity of the heart, etc, etc, etc...

That's it for this week! I am SURE I will have tales to tell after our practice on Saturday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home