Monday, November 13, 2006

First Team Ride

Woo hoo! Yeah!

So we had our first IronTeam "brick" this past weekend...a brick is a bike ride followed immediately by a run...get the legs ready for that whole transition from the 112 mile bike ride to the 26.2 mile run....and that after the 2.4 mile swim...y..e..a..h.... Like I said before, if you weren't sure just how crazy I was, now you have confirmation. So as I was saying, we had our first team brick workout. Got up to Zuma Beach, in Malibu, at around 7 am. Gorgeous day! Headed out North on the Pacific Coast Highway towards Ventura County. Happy to say, I hung towards the front with the boys....like you would expect anything less, right? Bit of a head wind on the way out, so it took us nearly 15 minutes less to get back. Drop the bike, change the shoes, and off on the run. Pretty short, just 15 minutes...enough time to make the body yell, "what the hell are you doing to me??" Then it was off to lunch. I mean really, what other reason is there to work out for more than 2 hours at a time? Til next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home