Thursday, November 30, 2006

I think I have frostbite...but it was only 48 degrees...

Ok...yeah...it's official! I am a bit of a wuss... I think it might have been about 48 degrees this morning on my bike ride...but add the wind chill factor (self-generated of course!)...and it felt like 20-I SWEAR! My fingers are still feeling kinda funny and I have been back 3 hours now... Guess it is a good thing I don't live in a cold climate any more! Final conclusion-bike ride was a little bit of a bust...but I AM 13 miles closer to being an Ironman, so, maybe not such a bust after all.

Oh yes! I am sure you are all anxiously awaiting news of my fancy schmancy blood lactate test last weekend! Well, to quote Coach G...I have "minimal anaerobic capacity"...WOW. Actually, it's not such a bad thing when considering an Ironman distance race, but it also explains why hills are the bain of my existence... Overall, I am in pretty good condition for where I am at in my training though-woo hoo! Final conclusion-More low heart rate training, and then maybe attempt to become friends with the hills...can't wait...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WIMP!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Dean said...

hills good. love the hills.

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home